Saturday, July 11, 2009

Relationship

Today i'd like to write about relationship, i've no idea why, but here i am. When i first created the blog i told myself not to write about this topic, partly because i've never been good at it, so there's no point writing about it, the other part is because my siblings MIGHT read my blog now and then, so i think it's not such a good topic to share with them. but anyway, as my sis once told me "blog is used to express your thoughts and feelings, no strings attached, no responsibility, whatever is on your mind, and whether it is an absurd topic, as long as u feel like letting it out but nobody is there to share with u, well blogging is always there", this is so true. Relationship and i do not go along so far, i've been in and out a few, and it always ended tragically. Each and everytime it ended, i got to know myself better but at the same time, it pained me to realize that i could never be in a relationship with anybody if i did not love myself better. When couples get married, are they really in love or they are only getting married because they are used to the existence of each other? it's a fine line between these two and people often get confused, i think. Being out of relationship recently made me realized that i was weak, weaker than i thought i was. i needed a person to be there for me and to attend to my every needs but at the same time, i was afraid to sacrifice and compromise, this is absolute selfish, love can never exist in selfishness. When a relationship ends, the winner is not the person who asks for a break up, but the loser is both. I've learned that when you have the person u love with u, appreciate him/her, because when u lose it, u lose everything, and i've learned this painfully. So i will never make the same mistake again, never ever, because i know the next person that i be with, i will be with him whole-heartedly, and well if i could not find THE one, then i am quite content with myself, learning to love myself is the first step of loving others. Overall, i've never regretted any single moment, because if i did not go through all these, i would not have thought about relationship differently, and my relationship would always be a failure, no matter who the person is, well, i still have a long way to go, i know and i'm willing to walk alone now until i find someone whom i can share my journey with :D

No comments:

Post a Comment